By: Muzna E.
Have an old shirt that you love and don’t want to give it away? Why not make an into a tote bag! The tote bag can be used for multiple purposes. It can be used as a way to bag groceries, to carry your school textbooks, or even to carry your art supplies! This tote bag allows you to repurpose your favourite t-shirts without the use of a sewing machine!
- First, take your T-shirt and cut up the sleeves so they look identical
- Then cut the neckline and determine the depth you want your bag to be, and draw a line
- After turning your shirt inside out, cut little strips from the front and back of the shirt under the drawn line
- This ends up creating a fringe, which you should then knot up
- When you finally are done with all your knots, you turn your shirt inside out, and voila! You have a “new” tote bag!
I came across this idea on a blog after one of the tote bags I used for my art supplies had torn. I can’t wait to try it on my Minecraft t-shirt that is currently too short to wear. I don’t have the heart to let it go and would rather repurpose it.