Since 2013, Aiza’s Teddybear Foundation has sent hundreds of thousands of “bear hugs” in the form of teddies, warm clothing, school supplies, books and good food to children in need across the globe.
Why teddy bears?
Once the physical needs (shelter, warmth, clothing & food) of a child are met, the emotional needs (love & affection) must be fulfilled. Teddy bears are a glimpse into our effort to give back childhood to children who have been deprived of their rights to healthy & happy formative years.
* Delivering presentations about the rights & freedoms of all children
* Leading empathy building, storytelling & self-reflecting workshops
* Creating free clothing store spaces in local homeless shelters
* Repurposing and distributing second-hand clothing items to families in need
* Supporting refugee families as they build a new life in Canada
* Creating at-home libraries for students learning at home during the pandemic
* Providing hundreds of backpacks filled with school supply items for students in need each year
* Mentoring aspiring young activists through our Youth Advisory Board
* Providing youth with service learning opportunities